Expanding one’s own market position, realising synergies, supplementing the product and service portfolio, accessing new customers and geographical markets – there are many reasons for looking at interesting purchase opportunities. External growth through the purchase of parts of or even entire companies is a topic on the agenda of many investors. The goals of proﬁtable, sustainable growth must match the respective vision of the investor. This requires a carefully thought-out concept and a lot of experience.
What you can expect from us:
- Identify and assess opportunities for buy & build; conceptualise and develop strategy
- Joint deﬁnition of a search grid that picks up on the strategy and concrete ideas for expansion
- Systematic screening of suitable target companies using primary and secondary sources (longlist)
- Targeted filtering of candidates by comparing all relevant investment criteria (shortlist)
- Assessment of the operational and strategic fit
- Joint prioritisation
- Preparation of detailed corporate proﬁles
- Addressing the most interesting candidates with the tried and tested maconda methodology
- Subtle elicitation of cooperation or sales interest through cautious, anonymous approaches
Our aim is to help our client make a well-founded strategic decision. Once the cornerstones of the buy & build strategy have been set, the search for suitable target companies can begin. We now want to kick off our research programme so we can really gain a deep understanding of the target industry. Our wide network of experts and decision-makers in numerous industries helps us to quickly identify suitable companies. With our proven approach, we identify transaction opportunities at an early stage – away from broad-based M&A processes and without the typical “watering can”.
We would be happy to discuss suitable sectors and the appropriate course of action in a confidential meeting.