Commercial due diligence (CDD) is an important component in the examination of a company before and during a transaction. In this very demanding task, we focus on the aspects that actually influence the investment decision. Whether it is a quick check, a red flag analysis or a full commercial due diligence, we will support you competently and with commitment in every phase of the due diligence process. A quick start with competent teams meeting tight completion deadlines are also second nature for us. Of course, our reports are fully bankable, evidenced by many accompanied transactions, mostly in the range of €30-500 million enterprise value.
In our integrated approach, we combine commercial reviews – strategy, market, competition, customers – with ﬁnancial analyses. This will give you a deeper understanding of the target company and allow you to realistically assess the opportunities and risks of the planned transaction. We provide you with market information that is not available to everyone, thus opening up a fact-based, independent perspective. This is especially valuable in non-transparent niche markets – our speciality – where access to information that shines a light into the darkness is essential. We model markets and forecast developments on the basis of a variety of sources such as many conversations with market participants and much more
Central tasks of a commercial due diligence:
- Differentiated examination of the target company’s business model for sustainability (strategic, organisational, also partly operational)
- Profound and careful assessment of the market outlook
- Analysis of the industry structure and competitive position
- The company’s relationships with key customers and suppliers
- Assessment of macroeconomic influences and the regulatory environment
- Veriﬁcation of the planning assumptions from a market perspective and evaluation of whether and how the forecast results are achievable
We work closely with our clients and other due diligence teams to accomplish these tasks. In this way, we ensure a well-coordinated approach and a high degree of accuracy of our statements.